List Item #35: Graduate with a Bachelor's Degree


I never thought that graduating from college/university was that big of an accomplishment.  Then I look back on my family's history.  I'm the first one in my family to graduate with a Bachelor's Degree.  There were some long semesters with 18+ credit hours, tons and tons of Education classes with more projects and less exams, and internships where I learned a great deal.  Then finally it's graduation time.  If I had it my way, I don't know if I'd care to walk across that stage after my name is called in front of thousands of people.  However, I know how sentimental my parents are and how I know they would want me to walk.  Little do they know, I only did it for them.  It wasn't until recently I realized how much of an accomplishment it is.  It just seemed like going to regular school to me, like I did all my life.

Blame the teacher in me, but I'm all about education.  Especially furthering your education & knowledge.  Any kind, as long as you're constantly growing and learning.  I honestly feel that no matter when you finish "school," you're always learning throughout every day of your life.  I went onto the next step in life and got my teaching job and followed my career.  I'm the teacher and every day I still feel like I'm always learning something new.

And now?  I want to further my education in Education with a Master's Degree.  (However, I prefer to cut down on my student loans and start grad school with no debt.  That and possibly in another country and learn twice as much?)  Again, I'm all about education.

2 comments

  1. Congrats! This is so exciting! I am graduating in May and I too will be the first in my family to have a Bachelors degree! Good luck on your Masters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's amazing! I can't wait until I graduate. I hope you have a great day.
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete