List Item #12: See Snow Fall From the Sky



List Item #12: See snow fall from the sky.  I was a military brat growing up and I was fortunate to live in Hawaii for 7 years then move to Florida, and I have been here ever since.  (I also lived in Maryland and Japan, but that was before I was 5 years old.  I definitely don't remember it at all.)  Needless to say, I'm that creature that needs the warmth and craves it.  However, there are things that I wish I was able to experience growing up.  The major experience?  Snow!

 Sure, I can go see artificial snow or drive up to the mountains to see the remains of snow when visiting friends and family.  That's not the same as seeing it fall from the sky!  I wanted to see the genuine fall of snow.  In the winter of 2010, I was up in North Carolina visiting with my parents for my grandpa's funeral.  It only snowed one day, the day before I had to leave to drive back down to Florida.  Everything from the funeral had settled by that point.

I remember telling my dad to wake me up, no matter the time, if he saw snow while walking the dogs.  I remember waking up angry that morning because he didn't wake me.  However, when I turned over and saw the snowfall from my window, I jumped up with excitement and couldn't help the squealing.  It was about 6:00-7:00 AM and I was making a ruckus while running around in the snow.  My dad couldn't stop laughing at me.  The typical 20-something young adult running around like a 5 year old, literally.

To most people, this is a normal winter life.  And you can go on about how annoying snow can get after a while, trust me, I know!  I don't like the slush afterwards!  And I get tired of wet toes all the time. (Note to self, bring rain boots with thick socks next time!)   But it's fun to play in and it's fun to visit!







11 comments

  1. So cute! But I can definitely understand your desperate desire to see (and of course, play) in snow. I was fortunate enough to live in an area that snowed a few inches every winter (sometimes during the Spring too!) -- I, however, moved to California and I miss it so much. :( I could drive 3 hours to the mountains to see A LOT of snow.. but the drive is just too risky.

    I'm glad you got to see snow. :) It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! This post made my heart melt. Which is ironic because it's about snow. It baffles me that some people don't get to experience it. I'm glad you got to!

    As soon as I visited your site I thought the same thing. Why am I JUST NOW coming across your site? Everything about it is inspiring. Now we can be blog buddies =) and you can never have enough of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the snow! And that dachshund is absolutely gorgeous.
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I live in the Philippines, I cannot experience snow. :( You're so lucky that you can experience snow. I wonder what real snow feels like. When I went to Singapore and Malaysia, I went to "Snow City" because I really wanted to know how snow feels like. But I guess real snow is VERY different from artificial snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a nice blog! We got snow too!

    Thank you for your lovely comment!
    http://www.asilosofy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand your excitedness when you see real snow. I've never experienced snow before (I live in Malaysia where they have fake snow) -- the real ones, not fake ones, lol -- and I'd probably run around and roll around on the ground if I ever get to experience real snow. Very unlike a 22 year old :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, I remember being like 10 or something and seeing snow for the first time. I thought it'd be all magical and amazing... until I realised my first experience of snow was a blizzard. That, that was fun.

    Also, YOUR DOG IS SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! :) I´m glad you got to experience this! I think I´ve seen snow twice in my life but I didn´t enjoy it as much as I would have wanted! This post made me realize how much I wanna see snow falling form the sky and play with it for a while!

    http://marilovescupcakes.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to move someplace warm and wonderful! I have lived in Michigan for all of my life, except for a few months that I was living in Wichita... I want the warmth! lol But it could be the -16 degree windchill right now, oh dear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww I love your dog, I've always wanted a sausage dog!

    Cute snow pics.

    xxx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post just made my heart melt! And such beautiful photographs!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete